Casinos offer a variety of games for their patrons to play. This isn’t just a way to expand their profits; it’s also a way to provide those patrons with a diversified gaming experience.
If you are out and about in casinos and are just looking to have fun, maybe try your hand at a few different games, you will want tips on the major games so that you’re ready when you walk up to these games. Knowing even a little will allow you to be better prepared for the variety of games offered for your gambling amusement.
– Do not use the scorecard. Scorecards are used by players to track the results of previous rounds. Players believe that they will be able to spot patterns and can adjust their wagering accordingly; and casinos will encourage this. The reason you do not want to track the outcomes of previous rounds is because each round is independent of the last. In other words, the round that just finished has no impact on the next. Casinos would like you to believe that you can spot patterns in hopes that you will give yourself false confidence, raise your wagers and over time lose more money to them.
– Use a basic strategy chart, especially if this is not a game you play often. A basic strategy chart tells you the best statistical play for each hand total that you can have versus each dealer’s up card. This chart is legal to use in casinos, and some will hand them out. They perpetuate the belief that this chart will allow you to win every hand, when in reality it will not; they are hoping that you will lose a couple hands and toss the chart aside. The reality of the basic strategy chart is that, while you won’t win every hand, you will win more over time; and if you play each one of your hands according to the chart’s plays, you can lower the house edge from 2%-5% down to 0.5%. This is the best strategy tool for any blackjack player, whether you are a strong player or a novice.
– Do not take insurance. Insurance is only offered when the dealer’s up card is an Ace. The casino’s guise for this is that you are insuring your bet in case the dealer has a natural blackjack so that you won’t lose your entire bet. But this is really a side bet on whether or not the hole card is a ten value card. In the long run you will lose more money by taking insurance since you are actually placing two bets: one on whether or not you will bet the dealer and another on what the hole card is. Save your money, turn down the insurance and take the gamble.
– If you are looking to make place bets, the two with the best paybacks are the 6 and the 8. Place bets offer more solid means of making a return on your bets. But there is a difference between the 6 and 8 place bets and the Big 6 and Big 8 bets. Casinos are banking on players who are just stopping by to play one of the games with a glamorous image and won’t know the difference between the two. They are hoping that in ignorance you will make bets on the Big 6 and 8 rather than the place bets.
– One other thing not to get confused at the Craps table: buying the 4 and 10 will be less costly than trying to place them. However, trying to place the other numbers is cheaper than buying them. So. Buy 4 and 10, and place the other numbers. This will also help increase your chances of making a return on your wagers.
– The one thing that you must remember in regards to Keno is that it is a true game of chance. There is no way to predict what numbers will be drawn. And the previous round will not influence the next. This game is meant as pure gambling entertainment. The best thing that you can do is to pick a set of numbers and not change them. Eventually you might win. Keno can be likened to state lotteries: you buy in and maybe your numbers are drawn and maybe not.
– There are usually two types of roulette in most casinos, each with their own wheel. They are American Roulette and European Roulette. The difference is that the American wheel has a 00 pocket whereas the European wheel does not. This dramatically changes the odds. American Roulette has a house edge of 5.26% while European Roulette’s house edge is only 2.7%. Always play European Roulette because it has the lower house edge-its house edge is lower than slot machines.
– When it comes to the many betting options that you have on the roulette table, stick with the outside bets with the 2-1 payout: the Column bets and the sets of 12. They don’t have as high of a payout as the bets inside the number grid, but it is a safer bet. The numbers inside the number grid offer higher payouts but you stand a better chance of losing your money. The betting spaces that offer 2-1 payouts cover a third of the numbers apiece. This gives you a reasonable shot at winning where you can still make a return on your bet.
– If you just want to play for fun, place your wagers on the even money bets: Odd, Even, Red, Black, 1-18, 19-36. Each of these betting spaces will cover half of the numbers on the wheel. These betting spaces are the least risky but offer the lowest payouts. Wagering on those will give you the thrill of roulette without breaking your bankroll.
– First understand that slots are random. Some do have better odds than others. Don’t run up to any slot machine and start feeding it money. Stand back and watch. If you notice a section of slot machines that nobody seems to be playing at, it could be because locals know that those machines are cold and won’t play them. You should avoid them too.
– If you want to hang on to your bankroll, do not bet large amounts of money for each spin of the reels. Slot machines can run through your money faster than you might think. Once you hit a decent payout, walk away. Don’t risk losing the payout you’ve won by being greedy.
– About the signs posted over the banks of slot machines-it applies to the entire bank, not just one machine. For example, you might see a sign over a bank of slots that offers a 99% payout. That doesn’t mean that every machine in that bank has that payout-it means that only one machine in the whole bank is required to have that payout. The other machines could have any payout.
– With the technology of slot machines changing, you will find that more and more are electronic. Coins are no longer being fed into the machines. Instead you are playing for credits using a ticket or a card that you insert into the machine that reads your player data. These aren’t password protected. When you get up to leave, make sure you take your ticket or card with you. If another player finds it they can use it.
Gambling isn’t just about making money; it is also about having fun. And having a few gambling tips in your pocket can only help to improve your casino experience.